Mattress shopping, even when you know about the good sides of split king mattresses, can be fraught with uncertainty – what is the best mattress for an adjustable base?; what kind of sheets can I use on a split king bed?; how long do adjustable bases last?… The questions just keep on piling up, and it seems as though not even the American Academy of Sleep Medicine could help you.
Sometimes, not even having an in-depth knowledge of a split king adjustable bed seems to be enough, and you have to seek even more information. Well, we’ll try our best to help you during your mattress-shopping quest by telling you everything you need to know about split king mattresses.
How wide is a split king adjustable bed?
A split king bed is a bed that features a mattress in king size but split into two. Why? Well, because people have different sleeping preferences, and finding a single mattress that will suit both sleeping styles can be very difficult or even impossible.
With a split king, you get the best of both worlds – a sleeping surface big enough for two people to sleep on combined with the ability to choose two completely different mattresses to comprise a split king and accommodate for the differences in sleeping habits.
When it comes to the matter of length and width, a split king bed is 80-inches in length and 76-inches in width. Two Twin XL mattresses comprise a split king, both of them 80-inches long and, you’ve guessed it, 38-inches wide.
Choosing a split king over a regular king size bed might just be the solution you’ve been looking for if you and your partner have trouble agreeing on the firmness or the style of the mattress. It’s wide enough for two, and it will combine your sleeping preferences into a perfect place for rest.
What are the benefits of a split king mattress?
Now, it’s time to see about what the split king mattress actually brings into the sleeping game, and why you should opt for one instead of the many other mattress types out there.
- Sleeping preferences – Since two mattresses of a Twin XL size comprise a split king mattress, you can choose two completely different mattresses and accommodate for the possible differences in sleeping preference between you and your partner.
- Personal space – A split king also offers the possibility of having some personal space at night when you need it most. Cuddling is important, but sometimes, you just need to turn around and catch some z’s after a long day.
- Motion transfer – By having two separate mattresses on a single bed frame, there is absolutely no motion transfer between the two parts of a split king. This way, your partner won’t interrupt your sleeping pattern with a few nighttime turns.
- Snoring – Combine a split king mattress with a split king adjustable base and you can sleep in a position that will ease your snoring, while your partner can choose a position perfect for him or her.
- Health benefits – When it comes to health benefits, a split king has many. It will reduce the pain in your back, improve your blood circulation, alleviate leg swelling, and enhance digestion. Yeah, split kings are that good for you!
- Moving house – Finally, in case you have to move, having a king size bed can prove troublesome. They’re big, they’re heavy, and they’re difficult to maneuver. With a split king, you just separate it into two Twin XL mattresses and you’re good to move!
“Where can I buy a split king adjustable bed in San Diego?”
Mattress Makers, where else? We are a family-owned business that has been making premium mattresses for three generations, ever since the ’60s, and we really know what we’re doing. We’ll help you find the perfect adjustable bed in split king size in no time! If you’re feeling too exhausted to have a long walk through the San Diego Botanic Garden, stop by our store and let us help you sleep like never before!