Experiencing strong back pain at night is a matter of great terror. Not only does your back hurt during the day, but the one chance to get a full night’s sleep becomes tainted with night pain. Then, you hear adjustable bases can help, and you’re rushing to find the finest adjustable base in San Diego.
But, you stop to think. How do you know if your mattress works with an adjustable base? Perhaps you like to sleep on your side, and you’re unsure if adjustable bases are good for side sleepers. Or, perhaps, the notion of a zero gravity position helping with back pain sounds a bit out of this world to you. Well, don’t worry, we’ll help you find a mattress compatible with the adjustable base of your dreams in no time!
How can I stop my back from hurting when I sleep?
If your back is hurting during the night, there are several sleeping positions you can try out to alleviate back pain at night according to Stanford Center for Sleep Medicine.
- Side pillow – Turn on your left side, placing your left arm at an upward 90-degree angle below the pillow. Your right arm should be placed on your upper side, with your knees bent. Lastly, put a pillow between your legs for a better night’s sleep.
- Fetal on the side – This position greatly helps with a herniated disc. Lie on your side, pressing your knees toward your arms, curling into a fetal position. Just make sure that you switch sides.
- Abdomen pillow – This is a simple one. Lie on your stomach, and place a pillow underneath pelvis. The head pillow is up to you – if it’s more comfortable with it, use it, if not, don’t.
- Back pillow – Lie flat on your back and put a pillow under your knees to keep the spine in a neutral position. If you feel like you need additional support, take a towel, roll it, and place it beneath the small of the back.
If all of these positions fail to alleviate your back problems, it’s time to think about different options. Replacing your mattress should be the first item on your list, closely followed by buying an adjustable base.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
When it comes to mattresses that can help with back pain, our experience tells us that it all boils down to personal preference. Some people enjoy a firmer mattress, some enjoy a softer one.
However, the overall best choices for alleviating back pain are either natural latex or latex hybrid mattresses. We’re going to present you the best mattresses of each type.
What are the best latex mattresses for back pain?
Here are the three top choices of latex mattresses that can help you with night back pain.
- The Coronado – This is a mattress made from a balance between natural dunlop latex, and natural talalay latex, both from Sri Lanka. The latex is pure, the cover is made from organic cotton quilted with wool, and features a removable zip cover.
- The Presidio – This mattress uses the best talalay latex from Vita Talalay. It has a core of natural dunlop, and a stretch knit zip cover that you can remove.
- The Solana – This is a premium latex mattress which uses the organic dunlop latex which is GOLS certified. It consists of two layers of latex, both dunlop, a firm core and a comfort layer, which is perfect for varied back problems.
What are the best latex hybrid mattresses for back pain?
Now, if you prefer your mattress to be a hybrid, here are some excellent picks of mattresses that are sure to help you get through the night without pain.
- The Del Mar – The coils provide the spring, and latex provides the durability and comfort. It features a quantum edge-to-edge coil system, as well as a removable zip cover made from organic cotton.
- The Soledad – This is the premium latex hybrid mattress, featuring an edge-to-edge coil system, which provides unparalleled sleeping support. The Talalay Latex, Joma Wool from New Zealand, as well as organic cotton, provide an ideal sleeping surface for those suffering from back issues.
It is important to note that all these mattresses come in different sizes and firmness levels, so you’ll probably have no problems finding the perfect one for you.
What is the best way to sleep on an adjustable bed?
This is definitely an easy question to answer. There is no ‘best’ or ‘worst’ way to sleep on an adjustable bed. Whatever works for you is the best way, and whatever doesn’t – the worst.
The trick to using adjustable bases is trial and experimentation. Try a certain position, see how it feels, then try another one, and another, and another one after that. Keep trying out new positions, and settle for the one that feels the best to you.
Although there are some preprogrammed positions that come with every adjustable base that can help you with your back pain, no one can say they’re going to work for you. That is why you should experiment until you find the one that is just right.
“Where can I find the best mattress for my back issues in San Diego?”
No matter what kind of mattress you’re looking for, there’s no better place to look than Mattress Makers, San Diego’s finest mattress manufacturers and seller. We take great care when making mattresses that are compatible with adjustable bases, using only premium materials and taking great care to fulfill the needs of our customers. If you’re ever at Balboa Park, continue your stroll to our store and see just how good we are.