Knowing when to replace your mattress is important as a mattress in excellent condition ensures a good night’s sleep. However, this isn’t always easy to tell and it gets even more complicated with boat mattresses.
If you spend time on a boat, you have to know more than just when to buy one of the new boat mattresses in San Diego. You also have to learn all there is about boat mattresses and how to stop mold from forming under it in order to catch some quality sleep on a boat. But, let’s first see when you should start thinking about replacing your regular mattress.
How do you know when you need to replace your mattress?
Mattresses are what makes you sleep well. Therefore, your mattress should always be in tip-top shape, and you should pay close attention and know when your mattress has to be replaced. But, how to know so?
Well, without the need to consult the experts at the Stanford Center for Sleep Medicine, we’ll try to give you an exhaustive list of all the signs that show that your mattress needs replacing, and, hopefully, with it in mind, you’ll never allow a bad mattress to cost you your sleep again!
Assessing the quality of your sleep
The first thing you should pay attention to is how well you’ve been sleeping lately. If you start noticing that your sleep is deteriorating more and more with each passing month, it’s high time you thought about replacing your mattress.
There are four main categories to investigate when it comes to evaluating the quality of the sleep you’re getting.
- Back pain – If you’ve begun experiencing back pain every time you wake up, and it didn’t happen in the past, it might be the mattress. Sure, there are many causes of back pain, but if the pain subsides after some morning stretches, chances are, it’s the mattress.
- Morning stiffness – If your whole body feels rather stiff every time you get out of bed, think about replacing your mattress. A new mattress would definitely help you feel better when you wake up.
- Numb limbs – If your legs, hands, or feet feel numb when you wake up, it could be down to the mattress. Yes, you should visit a doctor and make sure there are no other causes, but you should also look into buying a new mattress.
- Sleep quality – If you feel sluggish, slow, or sleepy after you’ve woken up, it’s definitely time to think about a new mattress. If a mattress does not provide the sleep that you need, what good is it?
Assessing the state of your mattress
Every mattress wears, and it also tears. It’s the circle of life of a mattress, as no mattresses can last forever. But, sometimes, people think that a little wear here and some tears there are alright and that the mattress can still serve a purpose.
Well, yes, you’ll be able to sleep on it, but the quality of your sleep will be greatly reduced due to the unsuitable state of your mattress. So, let’s see what are the physical signs that your mattress no longer cuts the mustard.
- Tears – Examine your mattress closely for any visible tearing. Do so by taking your mattress off the bed and taking a good, hard look from all sides. If there are any tears, be they large or small, there is a risk of content falling out, reducing comfort.
- Lumps – Lumps are mostly visible with the naked eye, but there are those pesky hidden ones that you don’t see, but that your body definitely feels. Place a hand on the surface of your mattress, press down, and see if you feel any lumps. Lumps can greatly reduce the quality of your sleep, and should you notice any, it’s probably time for your mattress to retire.
- Sags – Sit beside the mattress and look at it from the side. Remove the sheets prior to this. If you notice that the middle or the sides of your mattress are sagging, you definitely need a new mattress.
- Holes – Take the bedding off and see if there are any holes in your mattress. This is the final sign that you need to replace your mattress. Holes are not good.
Assessing the overall quality and age
Finally, you have to take into account other factors, such as the age of your mattress and the overall state your mattress is in. Sometimes, there don’t need to be any lumps or sags and your back pain can be slight upon getting upon, but your mattress is still ripe for replacement.
- Age – Every mattress should be replaced after a number of years of everyday use. If you’ve bought your mattress seven or eight years ago, you should think about replacing it. It’s a rule of thumb, but a good rule still.
- Rotation – If you’ve been increasingly rotating your mattress lately, and you’re still noticing sags or lumps, you definitely should go mattress shopping.
- Bed bugs – Don’t let the bedbugs bite, as they say. A commonplace, we know, but important when it comes to assessing the overall state your mattress is in. A mattress with bed bugs should definitely be replaced. Yes, you can try to kill them with various methods, but bed bugs are usually a sign of needing a new mattress.
- Bacteria, mold, mites – If you clean your mattress on a regular basis, you should be fine. But, sometimes, even if you take care of your mattress, mold and bacteria can form, and dust mites can appear. If this does happen, replace your mattress.
“It seems my mattress is done for. Where can I buy a new one in San Diego?”
It doesn’t matter if you’re looking to replace a regular mattress or if you’re looking for boat mattresses for your San Diego marine escape, Mattress Makers is here for you! We are the manufacturers of the finest mattresses and sleeping accessories in all of San Diego, and we’re sure we’ll be able to find a perfect replacement for your old, exhausted mattress. If you feel like you’re starting to lose sleep and that you’re too tired to enjoy Balboa Park, stop by our store as soon as possible. We’ve got you covered!
There’s more to finding out what a boat mattress is than just looking up pictures online. It’s a whole other story when compared to regular mattresses and buying a boat mattress in San Diego requires thorough research.
However, we’ve taken the liberty to answer some of the burning boat mattress-related questions – when you need to replace a mattress, how to prevent mold from forming underneath a boat mattress, and how to maximize your sleep on a boat mattress. So, let’s begin.
What is a boat bed mattress?
Explaining what a boat mattress is seems easy enough at first. It’s a mattress you use on a boat. And that is true, for the most part. Not exactly a definition supplied by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, but still true.
But, true in the broadest sense of the word. Boats come in different shapes and sizes, and their sleeping quarters are frequently shaped in such a way that a regular mattress would just not fit properly.
That is why a subcategory of boat and marine mattresses exists. The size and shape of a boat mattress depend on the size, shape, and layout of your aquatic sleeping area. And, the situation being as is, boat mattresses are usually unlike any other type of mattress you’ve seen.
They look “weird” and “awkward”, but that’s only because mostly, all of these mattresses are specially manufactured for their customers from special materials in order to prevent mold from forming. But, what about the characteristics that make good boat mattresses?
What should I look for when buying a boat mattress?
When looking to buy a mattress for your boat, there are many aspects to pay attention to:
- Measurements – Make sure that the mattress seller is willing to visit your boat or yacht to take the measurements. This is best left to the pros as all of us can make a mistake.
- Delivery and installation – Some sellers don’t deliver and install your boat mattress. If that’s the case, our advice is to look for another place to buy as this is definitely not something you need to trouble yourself with. Plus, it’s different when licensed professionals take care of every step of the process.
- Materials – Look for a mattress shop where you can choose between different types of mattresses, depending on your needs. Some people prefer pocketed coils, latex, or memory foam while there are still traditionalists who can’t get good sleep without springs. Whatever your preference, make sure the seller has enough options for you to choose from.
- Mold resistance – Whatever you do and wherever you choose to buy, this one’s important. Never buy a boat mattress without a special mold-resistant bottom made from vinyl. Your health is your top priority, and if mold forms, the mattress becomes far from healthy to sleep on.
- CertiPur foam and natural materials – Finally, if possible, try to find a mattress manufacturer that implements natural materials and CertiPur foam. This ensures that there are no hazardous substances or any harsh chemicals and allergens in your mattress. These mattresses are healthier, produce low-VOC emissions, and are suitable for the environment you’ll be using them in.
How to customize a mattress for boat?
To be completely honest, customizing a boat mattress or making a customized boat mattress from scratch is a daunting task, even for seasoned mattress manufacturers. There are so many aspects to take into consideration that we don’t advise you to do it yourself.
The best option is always to turn to professionals, find mattress makers that manufacture custom boat mattresses, and ask them to do all the work. As we’ve said earlier, find a company that will go to the site, take measurements, and make a mattress of your dreams.
“Where can I find a company to make a boat mattress for me?”
If you’re in the wider San Diego area, you’re in luck, because the finest manufacturers of quality mattresses for boats in San Diego are right at your doorstep – Mattress Makers. We are a family business and we place quality and our customer’s desires as our top priority.
We will measure the space for you, deliver the mattress, make sure the mattress is just as you want it, and made with natural materials and CertiPur foam. You’ve probably visited SeaWorld San Diego, but let us make your own sea world as enjoyable as it can be. Visit us today!
Finding a perfect mattress for an adjustable base can be a long search indeed. It seems as though you’ve just learned about the benefits of split king mattresses, what sheets to use on split kings, and how sturdy adjustable bases are, and now you have to look into another matter.
Well, you have to know that not every type of mattress will work well with your adjustable base, and it is even more difficult to find a mattress for your split king adjustable base. However, it is far from impossible, which we’re going to show you right now!
Will any mattress work with an adjustable base?
Theoretically, yes, all mattresses can work with adjustable bases. Be it a memory foam, latex, innerspring or air mattress, you can place any mattress on an adjustable base and it will work.
However, not every mattress type is equal when it comes to using it on an adjustable bed. Some mattresses have such a construction that they are more rigid by default, and a rigid mattress will not work as well with an adjustable base as some other types will. So, let’s see how different mattress types get along with adjustable bases.
- Memory foam mattress – Memory foam is an excellent choice for adjustable beds. Memory foam can flex easily, and that means that this type of mattress can assume any position without losing any of its signature benefits.
- Latex mattress – Similar to memory foam, a latex mattress can also flex rather easily, especially its thinner variants. Plus, latex foam is extremely durable, which means that the changes in shape will not affect its longevity.
- Air mattress – These mattresses consist of encased air chambers surrounded by either foam or padding. They do sound like a good choice for an adjustable base because air is air, right? But, changing the shape of an air mattress with an adjustable base can impede airflow, reducing the benefits you bought it for in the first place.
- Innerspring mattress – Although any mattress, including innerspring mattresses, can theoretically work with an adjustable base, we have to say that a traditional innerspring mattress may not be the best choice. They’re too rigid for an adjustable base, and the benefits you’d normally get from them would be greatly diminished.
Do hybrid mattresses work with adjustable bases?
Not only do hybrid mattresses work well with adjustable bases, but they’re also one of the best choices when it comes to choosing a type of mattress for an adjustable base. And you don’t need to consult the Stanford Center for Sleep Medicine to confirm this.
Hybrid mattresses combine the best of both worlds – they have innersprings that are pocketed individually, and several layers of memory foam on top that, when combined with the springs, make for a luxurious sleeping experience.
Couple that with an adjustable base that allows you to find the perfect sleeping position for you, and you can imagine the quality of sleep you’re about to get. Just make sure to choose a good hybrid mattress, and you’ll have no worries!
“Where in San Diego can I buy a quality hybrid mattress for my adjustable base?”
There’s only one true manufacturer of quality hybrid mattresses that would be a good fit for your split king size adjustable base, and that’s Mattress Makers! Making mattresses is more than a business to us – it’s our passion! We give it our all to provide our customers with the mattress of their dreams, for good dreams. If you sometimes feel too tired when looking at the history of the Victorian society at Heritage Park, stop by our store and let us help you improve your sleep!
Mattress shopping, even when you know about the good sides of split king mattresses, can be fraught with uncertainty – what is the best mattress for an adjustable base?; what kind of sheets can I use on a split king bed?; how long do adjustable bases last?… The questions just keep on piling up, and it seems as though not even the American Academy of Sleep Medicine could help you.
Sometimes, not even having an in-depth knowledge of a split king adjustable bed seems to be enough, and you have to seek even more information. Well, we’ll try our best to help you during your mattress-shopping quest by telling you everything you need to know about split king mattresses.
How wide is a split king adjustable bed?
A split king bed is a bed that features a mattress in king size but split into two. Why? Well, because people have different sleeping preferences, and finding a single mattress that will suit both sleeping styles can be very difficult or even impossible.
With a split king, you get the best of both worlds – a sleeping surface big enough for two people to sleep on combined with the ability to choose two completely different mattresses to comprise a split king and accommodate for the differences in sleeping habits.
When it comes to the matter of length and width, a split king bed is 80-inches in length and 76-inches in width. Two Twin XL mattresses comprise a split king, both of them 80-inches long and, you’ve guessed it, 38-inches wide.
Choosing a split king over a regular king size bed might just be the solution you’ve been looking for if you and your partner have trouble agreeing on the firmness or the style of the mattress. It’s wide enough for two, and it will combine your sleeping preferences into a perfect place for rest.
What are the benefits of a split king mattress?
Now, it’s time to see about what the split king mattress actually brings into the sleeping game, and why you should opt for one instead of the many other mattress types out there.
- Sleeping preferences – Since two mattresses of a Twin XL size comprise a split king mattress, you can choose two completely different mattresses and accommodate for the possible differences in sleeping preference between you and your partner.
- Personal space – A split king also offers the possibility of having some personal space at night when you need it most. Cuddling is important, but sometimes, you just need to turn around and catch some z’s after a long day.
- Motion transfer – By having two separate mattresses on a single bed frame, there is absolutely no motion transfer between the two parts of a split king. This way, your partner won’t interrupt your sleeping pattern with a few nighttime turns.
- Snoring – Combine a split king mattress with a split king adjustable base and you can sleep in a position that will ease your snoring, while your partner can choose a position perfect for him or her.
- Health benefits – When it comes to health benefits, a split king has many. It will reduce the pain in your back, improve your blood circulation, alleviate leg swelling, and enhance digestion. Yeah, split kings are that good for you!
- Moving house – Finally, in case you have to move, having a king size bed can prove troublesome. They’re big, they’re heavy, and they’re difficult to maneuver. With a split king, you just separate it into two Twin XL mattresses and you’re good to move!
“Where can I buy a split king adjustable bed in San Diego?”
Mattress Makers, where else? We are a family-owned business that has been making premium mattresses for three generations, ever since the ’60s, and we really know what we’re doing. We’ll help you find the perfect adjustable bed in split king size in no time! If you’re feeling too exhausted to have a long walk through the San Diego Botanic Garden, stop by our store and let us help you sleep like never before!
The history of the double-sided mattress is interesting, but often overlooked. People would rather like to know how to turn a mattress, who the best maker of double-sided mattresses is, and why everyone says flippable mattresses are incredible.
And although these questions sound more important, and they might be, you can never truly learn to appreciate any product without knowing the full story behind it. We’re here to remedy that, and you will see why every turnable mattress is a great choice, not only the double-sided mattress queen size.
When was the first double-sided mattress made?
So, you’d like a bit of history? You’d like to know just how long the mattress of your dreams has been in existence? And, moreover, you’re interested to see the development of the flippable mattress through the ages?
Well, it’s more difficult than it sounds. While the history of the mattress in general is a topic thoroughly researched, that of double-sided mattresses is rather unknown. Unfortunately, we cannot give you an exact date of the creation of the first double-sided mattress.
This is a matter which even the Stanford Center for Sleep Medicine is still debating. But, this type of mattress originated approximately some 100 years ago and has continued improving to this day and age.
The story of double-sided mattresses
In the beginning, flippable mattresses consisted of coils. And that’s not today’s modern coils, but the old-school heavy coils. This made these mattresses extremely cumbersome to flip, instigating the need for design and material improvement.
Which brings us to present day and modern double-sided mattresses. No more heavy coils, no more old materials. Modern flippable mattresses have a wrapped edge-to-edge coil system, which decreases weight, but improves comfort and durability.
However, contemporary double-sided mattresses are still manufactured with the same underlying idea in mind – to provide increased durability, longevity, and sleeping comfort, while eliminating all the drawbacks of their single-sided brethren.
What is the history of mattresses?
Although information on double-sided mattresses is sparse, we still have enough information on them to conclude the reasons behind their creation. But, if you still need more history, here’s a brief overview of the history of mattresses.
- Ancient Egypt – Egyptian commoners used to sleeping on palm leaves, while pharaohs, Tutankhamun most notably, had gold and ebony beds. Palms leaves were still used as mattresses though.
- Ancient Rome – Romans liked it lavish. It is no surprise, then, that the Romans were among the first civilizations to stuff their mattresses with wool, hay, reed, or feathers, and place them on silver, gold, or bronze beds.
- The Middle Ages – Not much in terms of innovation, but there is a novelty to be found in Medieval sleeping accommodations – beds were positioned at a 45-degree angle so the sleeper would be able to quickly fend off incoming attackers. Talk about sleeping with one eye open.the Renaissance
- The Renaissance – Perhaps the most extravagant of epochs, brought opulence into sleeping. Affluent individuals had their beds adorned with silk, velvet, and brocade, and their mattresses stuffed with straw, pea shucks, or the most comfortable variant – feathers.
- The 17th century – Imagine French kings and their life of luxury, and you’ll get an idea of just how lavish the beds were for the richer population. Ostentatious, you betcha!
- The 18th century – This is when people started to perceive vermin and insects in their beds as a big no no. Up to here, bugs were OK. That is why the 18th century notes the invention of cotton mattresses and cast iron beds.
- The 19th century – This one’s a biggie as the 19th century is the time of the invention of the first coil spring mattress. This happened in 1865, and the mattress world would forever feel the ripples of this event.
- The 20th century – We won’t waste your time about numerous inventions in the art of mattress making in the 20th century. This century brought about pocketed coils, futons, rubber mattresses, water beds, airbeds… Basically, everything we know today, or most of it, originated in the 20th century.
Who sells a double-sided mattresses?
Regrettably, for some unknown reason, the popularity of the double-sided mattress continues to decline. However, it should not be so as flippable mattresses only offer additional benefits when compared to regular mattresses, without any of the drawbacks.
You’d think that an increased lifespan, better comfort, great durability, as well as better resistance to wear and tear would make this type of mattress more prominent now than ever before. But it is not so!
However, if you still want the best mattress the market has to offer, you can get one, you just have to do a bit of research beforehand. The Kensington is the finest flippable mattress currently in production, and all you need to do is a bit of Googling to find a retailer.
“Where can I buy the Kensington double-sided mattress?”
There is only one place to buy the finest queen size double-sided mattress currently on the market and that place is called Mattress Makers! We do make them in other sizes too! We are not just retailers, but we manufacture every single mattress in our inventory, and we do so with great dedication, expertise, and years of experience.
We are a family of mattress makers, and proud of it. So, if you want to be well-rested for your trips to Sunset Cliffs Natural Park, stop by our store, and check out our stock! We’ll find you the perfect mattress, no worries!
Double-sided mattresses are great, but, for some reason, they are still considered a novelty by many. People are unsure how often to flip the mattress, what the reasons for buying a double-sided mattress are, and they even wonder for how long flippable mattresses have been around?
Well, they’ve been around for quite some time, but we understand your concerns as they’re not exactly common. We’ve taken it upon ourselves to tell you why double-sided mattresses are an excellent choice as long as you go for a trusted double-sided mattress mattress firm.
Are double-sided mattresses better?
When it comes to mattresses, as well as any other sleep-related elements, it is difficult to say that one is better than the other. Sleeping comfort is a personal matter, and what may be the best mattress in the world for one person can easily be the worst sleeping choice for another. It is something not even the American Academy of Sleep Medicine can give a definitive answer to.
However, when it comes to double-sided mattresses, we might be able to give you a direct response to your question, or at least an initial pointer from which you can continue your mattress hunting.
It has been our experience that people are usually more satisfied with double-sided mattresses rather than their single-sided counterparts. They are chunkier, sturdier, and, more often than not, more comfortable to sleep on. But, let’s see why exactly we think that double-sided mattresses are, in fact, a better choice.
Why are double-sided mattresses better?
In the battle of the mattresses, there can only be one clear winner, at least when we set aside the subjective and focus on the clearly perceivable objective benefits of double-sided mattresses.
- Durability – Because these mattresses consist of two sides, it is normal they’re going to last longer.
- Wear and tear – Since double-sided mattresses are flipped on a regular basis, the wear and tear is evenly distributed, preventing lumps and dents in the mattress.
- Comfort – You can check which side of the mattress feels more comfortable and sleep on it.
- Price – When you compare the prices of single-sided mattresses to the prices of double-sided ones, you’ll see that the difference is minor for the advantages.
Do double-sided mattresses last longer?
Now, unlike the previous questions, this one is really easy to answer. Yes, double-sided mattresses do last longer than all other types of mattresses. And that’s a fact. There is no way around it and nobody can disprove this benefits of double-sided mattresses.
There are two sides. You flip your mattress regularly, thus, preventing the appearance of any major wear on either side of the mattress. This way, you maximize the lifespan of your mattress, going far beyond anything a single-sided mattress can bring to the table.
Where can I buy a double-sided mattress in San Diego CA?
When looking to buy a double-sided mattress, you have to be aware of a single piece of information – these mattresses are not as popular as they once were and your quest for one might be more difficult than you were expecting.
That being said, there is one type of a double-sided mattress that’s miles ahead of the competition and you can easily find it – the Kensington. It comes in three variants – firm, medium, and plush, to fit every sleeping style, and the only place that sells it is Mattress Makers!
“So, are you sure Mattress Makers is the best place to buy a double-sided mattress?”
Not only are we sure, but we’re positive! Mattress Makers is a family business spanning two generations. Making the finest mattresses is not only a business for us, but a matter of family pride.
No matter if you’re looking for a plush or firm double-sided mattress, there is no better place to buy one than our shop. If you’re planning a trip to Seaport Village, plan a quick pit stop to Mattress Makers. You won’t regret it!
Wanting to buy a king size adjustable base in San Diego means you already know all about how split king beds work, how to turn two twins into a split king, and if there are any split king adjustable bases available for purchase.
But, do you know all there is to know about just how beneficial an adjustable base king size in San Diego can be? Chances are you probably know some of the perks, but not all. Don’t worry, we’re here to inform you.
Does an adjustable bed improve sleep?
Certainly. After all, this is why adjustable bases exist – to improve the quality of your sleep. This is their biggest selling point, this is why people buy them, and they do work amazingly well in that, and many other respects.
Every person sleeps a bit differently and every person has that preferred position they sleep perfectly in. This is where adjustable bases come into play. You take the remote control, you modify the position of panels, and you change the shape of your base to accommodate your preferred sleeping position. No more additional pillows, no more waking up in the middle of the night. You can set it up, forget about it and sleep well.
And that is exactly how and why adjustable bases improve sleep – you put the bed in a position you sleep best in, and leave it. Sounds so simple, and is probably why it’s so effective. No need to visit the American Academy of Sleep Medicine for advice, all you need is an adjustable base.
Are adjustable beds good for back pain?
Not only are they good, they’re excellent! Among the many sung and unsung benefits of adjustable beds, alleviating back pain comes out all the time as, possibly, the greatest one. We’re sure you know one or two people who’ve had their back pain problems made a lot easier with an adjustable bed.
And it’s easy to see why. A flat sleeping surface is just that – a flat sleeping surface. Yes, there are softer and firmer mattresses to buy and yes, perhaps sleeping on your stomach makes the back pain manageable, but it is only with an adjustable base that people experience some proper relief.
By having the ability to adjust different parts of the base, mainly the foot and the head, you can finely tune your base to a position where your spine is properly supported, offering diminishing pressure on your nerves. This way, you’re not only getting rid of the symptom, but you’re actively reducing the everyday pressure on your back.
How long does an adjustable bed last?
The longevity of a bed rather depends on the bed itself, and by this we don’t mean the price tag or the “premium quality” of it. An adjustable bed can last for a long time, but you do have to pay attention to the three main aspects that determine the life-span of an adjustable base.
- Sturdiness – Probably the most important thing to watch out for is the overall build quality of a mattress. You don’t want a flimsy adjustable base made from poor materials, but a sturdy construction you can rely on.
- Electrical components – Every adjustable base is packed with electrical components, and, depending on their quality, you’ll have more or fewer issues with your adjustable base. However, replacing an electrical component is easy and often cheap, so don’t fret too much if something does break.
- Circulation – You wouldn’t think air circulation is important, but it is. The more “breathing room” an adjustable base allows, the longer it will last. Why? Because proper circulation minimizes the occurrence of mold and other unwanted elements, keeping your base as healthy as possible for as long as possible.
“Adjustable beds do seem great, but where do I find good ones in San Diego?”
At Mattress Makers, the manufacturer of the finest king size adjustable bases in San Diego, where else? It’s not just about the fact we make incredible mattresses and bases, which we do. It’s also about the fact that we’re a family business with tradition, and that we put all of our knowledge and love into every single mattress and base we make.
That is how we’ve stayed on top of the mattress game for so long. So, if you often find yourself too beat for a visit to the Old Town State Historic Park, stop by our store. We’ll see that you’re well-rested for all of your sightseeing adventures!
If you’re looking for the best adjustable bed for a split king mattress money can buy, you probably already know all there is to know about split king beds and whether you can turn two twin mattresses into a split king.
But how much do you actually know about adjustable bases in general? Do you know your adjustable base 101? If not, read on to find just how good an adjustable base mattress king size in San Diego can be.
What is an adjustable base for a bed?
The name says it all – adjustable. Well, almost, but the point remains the same. The key element in all adjustable bases is just that – adjustability. You see, these bases provide additional features you simply don’t have with regular beds.
To go back a bit, adjustability is the most important feature. This means you can, in layman’s terms, change the shape of your bed base to your liking. By doing so, you can reap many benefits, from alleviating back pain to improving sleep and eliminating headaches, and many more according to the Stanford Center for Sleep Medicine.
Perhaps you like sleeping with your head and torso elevated to a certain degree. No problem, grab a controller and adjust the head portion of the base. If, on the other hand, you like your legs to be raised, you can do that too, no sweat.
Adjustable beds come in different varieties and with numerous options in terms of the number of panels you can adjust, thus increasing customizability. So, depending on your sleeping needs and preferences, you can go with a model with different design features, and find one that is perfect for you at a mattress store in San Diego.
What is a split king adjustable bed?
If we wanted to be funny, we’d say it’s an adjustable bed for a split king mattress. And we wouldn’t be too far off the mark. However, there’s a little more to it, as split king mattresses are a somewhat different story when compared to regular mattresses.
Split king adjustable bed explained
With a split king, you actually get two separate “twin XL” mattresses, but on the same bed base. That means that you retain the large sleeping surface while keeping the option of having two completely different mattresses form a split king. This is a perfect option for partners with conflicting sleeping desires.
Enter the split king adjustable base. Now, a regular, uniform adjustable base wouldn’t work with a split king mattress. The fact that both twin XL mattresses would have to be adjusted to an identical sleeping position would defeat the purpose of a split king.
So, an adjustable base for a split king basically consists of two adjustable bases with two different mechanisms, allowing people to configure them independently and according to their sleeping preferences. This way, both the split king mattress and the adjustable base do what they’re designed to do – allow each sleeper to modify the sleeping surface as they see fit.
What is the best adjustable bed?
We wouldn’t really feel comfortable saying “OK, this is the most expensive premium adjustable base money can buy, and you cannot go wrong with it!”. People have different needs and different budgets, and not everybody can or wants to buy a top-of-the-line adjustable base.
What we can and will do, however, is present you with three excellent adjustable bases that come in all sizes and range from more basic models to premium ones to suit everybody’s needs and budget.
- Silver – A basic and the least expensive model, but don’t be fooled by its affordable price. If you’re an adjustable bed newbie, you’ll get everything you need, remote control included, to help you reach the coveted zero gravity position.
- Gold – This beauty comes with two preprogrammed positions, anti-snore and zero gravity, meaning your favorite is only a click away. Plus, the 3D wave massaging technology will treat you with wavelike massages that will gently transport you to dreamland.
- Platinum – This one comes with all the bells and whistles, including the zero gravity and anti-snore preprogrammed positions, the 3D wave massaging technology, under-the-bed lighting, as well as the Android and iPhone app. What more could you ask for?
“Where can I get my hands on these incredible adjustable bases in San Diego?”
No better place for it than Mattress Makers, San Diego’s premium mattress store that offers only the finest king size adjustable mattresses and bases in San Diego. We’re a family business spanning generations, we know our job, and we do it well. If you often feel too tired to take your family on fun activities in Seaport Village, it might have something to do with your bed. Come to our store and we’ll solve your problem in no time!
“Why should I buy a king-size mattress? I already have an adjustable bed, i know just how well a regular mattress works with my adjustable base, I know about the benefits of adjustable beds, and I am perfectly satisfied with my adjustable base! I do not even wish to know the properties of split king beds, nor whether there are any adjustable base mattresses in king size!”
And nobody’s forcing you. Having a bed and a mattress that suits your needs is great, but, every once in a while, you need to change your mattress, or perhaps your partner desires a different sleeping surface. That’s when you should consider a split king mattress.
Is two twin mattresses a king?
Actually no, two twin mattresses are not a split king mattress, although it might seem that way on a surface level. It might sound like you could take two twin mattresses, place them one beside the other, and create a split king of your own making, this is not the case.
One aspect of it is the sole fact that two twin mattresses create a smaller sleeping surface than a split king mattress. They’re smaller, and that’s it, nothing more to it. Two twin XL mattresses, on the other hand, could technically make up a sleeping surface identical to that of a split king mattresses. Well, that’s it then, right?
Again, not actually. Split king mattresses feature connectors that stop the two parts of the mattress from moving too far from each other, holding them in place, helping you avoid unwanted events. So, to answer again: no, two twins don’t make a proper split king mattress.
Can you use two twin mattresses as a king?
Again, we have to repeat, two regular twin mattresses do not make a split king, nor a king size mattresses. In order to imitate a king mattresses, you’re going to need two twin XL mattresses to begin with.
Now, discussing the matter of taking two twin XL mattresses and creating a king mattress we have to say that yes, it can be done. It requires a lot of work, and it won’t be a true king size mattresses, but you can do it.
Although you’d be better off simply buying a king mattress, and saving yourself the trouble and the energy, here are some steps you’d have to take in order to convert your two twin XL mattresses into a king mattress.
- Step 1 – King size platform or frame – If you already have a king size platform, no need to worry about the first step. If not, however, you have to adapt your existing platform, or buy or create a new one, a platform big enough to accommodate a king size mattress.
- Step 2 – Rug pad – Place a rubber rug pad, one that won’t skid, on top of your frame or platform, to make sure that the two twin XL mattresses won’t skid about during sleep.
- Step 3 – Fill the gap – Use the material of your choosing to bridge the gap between the two mattresses you are converting into a king size mattress. Most people use foam because it is the most pliable and comfortable. However, the gap will never be seamless, and it will affect sleep, according to the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. This is why it is always better to visit a mattress store in San Diego and buy a regular king size mattress.
“OK, OK, I get it, king is best, but where can I get one?”
If you want the finest king size mattresses in San Diego, Mattress Makers is the store for you, even if you’re looking for high-quality adjustable base mattresses in king size. Our staff is extremely knowledgeable and pleasant to work with, and we have mattresses that will fit your every need. If you want to be well rested for the long hikes through the Mission Trails Regional Park, come to our store, we’ll find the perfect mattress for you.