Experiencing strong back pain at night is a matter of great terror. Not only does your back hurt during the day, but the one chance to get a full night’s sleep becomes tainted with night pain. Then, you hear adjustable bases can help, and you’re rushing to find the finest adjustable base in San Diego.
But, you stop to think. How do you know if your mattress works with an adjustable base? Perhaps you like to sleep on your side, and you’re unsure if adjustable bases are good for side sleepers. Or, perhaps, the notion of a zero gravity position helping with back pain sounds a bit out of this world to you. Well, don’t worry, we’ll help you find a mattress compatible with the adjustable base of your dreams in no time!
How can I stop my back from hurting when I sleep?
If your back is hurting during the night, there are several sleeping positions you can try out to alleviate back pain at night according to Stanford Center for Sleep Medicine.
- Side pillow – Turn on your left side, placing your left arm at an upward 90-degree angle below the pillow. Your right arm should be placed on your upper side, with your knees bent. Lastly, put a pillow between your legs for a better night’s sleep.
- Fetal on the side – This position greatly helps with a herniated disc. Lie on your side, pressing your knees toward your arms, curling into a fetal position. Just make sure that you switch sides.
- Abdomen pillow – This is a simple one. Lie on your stomach, and place a pillow underneath pelvis. The head pillow is up to you – if it’s more comfortable with it, use it, if not, don’t.
- Back pillow – Lie flat on your back and put a pillow under your knees to keep the spine in a neutral position. If you feel like you need additional support, take a towel, roll it, and place it beneath the small of the back.
If all of these positions fail to alleviate your back problems, it’s time to think about different options. Replacing your mattress should be the first item on your list, closely followed by buying an adjustable base.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
When it comes to mattresses that can help with back pain, our experience tells us that it all boils down to personal preference. Some people enjoy a firmer mattress, some enjoy a softer one.
However, the overall best choices for alleviating back pain are either natural latex or latex hybrid mattresses. We’re going to present you the best mattresses of each type.
What are the best latex mattresses for back pain?
Here are the three top choices of latex mattresses that can help you with night back pain.
- The Coronado – This is a mattress made from a balance between natural dunlop latex, and natural talalay latex, both from Sri Lanka. The latex is pure, the cover is made from organic cotton quilted with wool, and features a removable zip cover.
- The Presidio – This mattress uses the best talalay latex from Vita Talalay. It has a core of natural dunlop, and a stretch knit zip cover that you can remove.
- The Solana – This is a premium latex mattress which uses the organic dunlop latex which is GOLS certified. It consists of two layers of latex, both dunlop, a firm core and a comfort layer, which is perfect for varied back problems.
What are the best latex hybrid mattresses for back pain?
Now, if you prefer your mattress to be a hybrid, here are some excellent picks of mattresses that are sure to help you get through the night without pain.
- The Del Mar – The coils provide the spring, and latex provides the durability and comfort. It features a quantum edge-to-edge coil system, as well as a removable zip cover made from organic cotton.
- The Soledad – This is the premium latex hybrid mattress, featuring an edge-to-edge coil system, which provides unparalleled sleeping support. The Talalay Latex, Joma Wool from New Zealand, as well as organic cotton, provide an ideal sleeping surface for those suffering from back issues.
It is important to note that all these mattresses come in different sizes and firmness levels, so you’ll probably have no problems finding the perfect one for you.
What is the best way to sleep on an adjustable bed?
This is definitely an easy question to answer. There is no ‘best’ or ‘worst’ way to sleep on an adjustable bed. Whatever works for you is the best way, and whatever doesn’t – the worst.
The trick to using adjustable bases is trial and experimentation. Try a certain position, see how it feels, then try another one, and another, and another one after that. Keep trying out new positions, and settle for the one that feels the best to you.
Although there are some preprogrammed positions that come with every adjustable base that can help you with your back pain, no one can say they’re going to work for you. That is why you should experiment until you find the one that is just right.
“Where can I find the best mattress for my back issues in San Diego?”
No matter what kind of mattress you’re looking for, there’s no better place to look than Mattress Makers, San Diego’s finest mattress manufacturers and seller. We take great care when making mattresses that are compatible with adjustable bases, using only premium materials and taking great care to fulfill the needs of our customers. If you’re ever at Balboa Park, continue your stroll to our store and see just how good we are.
A quest to find the perfect mattress for your adjustable bed is one fraught with difficulties. You have to fight the “Will an adjustable bed help with my back pain?” goblin, you have to slay the “Are adjustable beds really that effective?” orc, and you have to solve the “Is an adjustable bed worth the money?” riddle.
And, on top of it all, you have to fell the “best adjustable base compatible mattress for my bed” final boss. Woah, what a journey, right? Well, for all those looking for their mattress of gold in San Diego, here’s some help.
Do you need a special mattress for an adjustable base?
If we were to say that you need a special mattress for your adjustable base, we would be lying. Who says your old innerspring mattress can’t go on an adjustable base, provided it’s the right size and shape. If it fits, you can use it.
However, if we’re going to continue in the tone of honesty, which we always do, we have to tell you a couple of things more. While you can use pretty much any mattress on an adjustable base, the problem is that you won’t be able to reap all the benefits of adjustable bases with just any mattress.
It’s not like the American Academy of Sleep Medicine prescribes the ultimate mattress type to be used with an adjustable bases, but, when you think about it, can a traditional innerspring really bend to the base adequately?
Will a regular mattress work on an adjustable bed?
It all depends on what a regular mattress is for you. For some, a regular mattress is a latex mattress, for others, it’s a memory foam mattress. But, the most common mattresses in San Diego are still innerspring mattresses, so we’re going to use them as our starting point.
Although some innerspring mattresses can work fairly well with adjustable bases, the majority of them simply can’t, and this is for several reasons.
- Coil type – The coils in your mattress determine whether it can work with an adjustable base. For example, interlocking coils can get tangled when you change the shape of your bed while some mattresses have border wires that simply don’t allow for the mattress to change its shape.
- Thickness – If your innerspring mattress is overly thick, it probably does provide more sleeping comfort, but it’s not suitable as a companion to an adjustable base.
- Firmness – The firmer the mattress, the less likely it will be able to bend to different positions your adjustable base offers.
So, inspect your mattress thoroughly and see if it could work with an adjustable base. But, as a rule of thumb, innerspring mattresses are rarely the right choice for adjustable bases.
Can a hybrid mattress be used on an adjustable bed?
Now we’re talking! Some consider memory foam mattresses the perfect choice for adjustable bases, but we disagree. Yes, memory foam is highly malleable, soft and plush, and it can change its shape and structure in a matter of seconds.
But, memory foam also carries certain downsides – it can be too soft for adjustable bases, eliminating the perks of certain positions, and it’s less durable than other mattress types. That is why our choice of mattress for an adjustable base is always a hybrid mattress.
These mattresses take all the benefits of different types of mattresses, and combine them into a single incredible mattress. They provide the strength of coils, the buoyancy of latex, and an increased durability when coupled with adjustable bases. So yes, you can certainly use a hybrid mattress with an adjustable base.
“Where do I find the best hybrid mattresses in San Diego?
Mattress shops are many, but only one can be considered the best one – Mattress Makers. Not only do we sell adjustable base compatible mattress solutions, and have done so for two generations, but we also make them.
We use only the finest materials and pay close attention to our customer’s needs. You can be sure you’re going to get what you’ve always wanted at our shop. So, if you want to feel well-rested for the long walks down Point Loma, stop by our place and find the mattress of your dreams.
When you think about the best among hybrid mattresses, you have to think about several aspects of what being, “the best”, actually is. You have to think about: the characteristics of a hybrid mattress, about the difference between hybrid mattresses and innerspring mattresses, and, of course, the amazing benefits of hybrid mattresses.
As you can see, choosing the best latex hybrid mattresses in San Diego isn’t necessarily easy. Yes, they are good, they’re excellent, but let’s see if we can help you on the way to choosing the latex hybrid mattress that’s right for you.
What’s the most comfortable mattress?
When it comes to the most comfortable mattress, there really isn’t a “one size fits all” mattress that will leave everyone happy. For example, one person may say that traditional mattresses offer the comfort of their dreams, while others might swear by a memory foam or latex hybrid. However, there are obvious differences in comfort between even the three most popular mattress types.
- Innerspring mattresses – Although the more traditional sleepers may argue that spring mattresses are the most comfortable alternative, in reality, it’s a ultimately up to what each person feels. Innerspring mattresses are the most rigid, least supportive, and, as a consequence, offer the least amount of comfort.
- Memory foam – Whenever memory foam is mentioned, it is synonymous with comfort. Many claim there is nothing that beats memory foam in this respect. Yes, it is often comfortable, but, again, it offers limited options in terms of firmness and breathability. Sometimes, memory foam just doesn’t cut it.
- Latex hybrid mattresses – Hybrid mattresses are the perfect combination, and, as such, they offer numerous benefits with little to no disadvantages. That is why they can be listed as the most comfortable type of mattress. That, and the fact that hybrid mattresses come in the most varieties for you to choose from, making it rather easy to find the most comfortable one for you.
What’s the best mattress for back pain?
Back pain is already terrible nuisance, without having to bring it into your bed. It can negatively affect the quality of your sleep if it persists, and can be greatly mitigated if not remedied by a better sleeping option.
When it comes to saying which mattress type is best for back pain, not even the American Academy of Sleep Medicine can give a unanimous answer. It mostly boils down to your own needs, but there are still some general aspects to consider.
- Traditional innerspring mattresses are probably the least popular alternative for back issues. They are often overly firm, and offer the least amount of adequate spinal support and are quite prone to indentions that are sure to rob you of high quality sleep.
- Memory foam mattresses aren’t the best option for back pain, as they’re known to sink to an uncomfortable degree. In addition, they all seem to be equally firm, or, rather, equally soft, so they may not be the best choice for everyone.
- Latex hybrid mattresses, again, seem to rise to the top of the ranks. The pocketed coils provide all-round magnificent support, the natural latex top is comfortable and conforms to the shape of your body quickly, while the variety of firmness options allow you to choose the one best suited for your particular back problems.
What is the best hybrid mattress on the market?
There are so many manufacturers of mattresses, that it is really rather difficult to name the single best one. However, we have one advice for you – choose a smaller, local manufacturer who has a successful reputation in the mattress business and listens to the client’s desires. For instance, if you’re in San Diego, looking for a latex hybrid mattresses to buy, swapping an in-store experience for a blind online one could make all the difference.
Bear in mind that there are different models of hybrid mattresses to choose from. It’s all about finding the perfect combination. Let’s see just what some incredible hybrid mattresses offer.
- The Del Mar – This hybrid mattress is the perfect model for hybrid-sleeping beginners. It gives you all the benefits of going hybrid, while trimming some of the luxuries you might not be able to afford. The quantum edge-to-edge coil system provides adequate support, while the natural latex top means no allergens as you sleep comfortably.
- The Soledad – All that stands for the Del Mar also stands for the Soledad. The latest hybrid technology combined with organic latex means you will sleep soundly, while the added luxury of New Zealand Joma Wool provides that extra dose of sleeping poshness you never knew you needed.
Mattress Makers is here to raise San Diego’s sleep quality!
When it comes to mattresses, it’s all about quality over quantity. You’re far better off visiting a local manufacturer with fewer models of superior quality. We here at Mattress Makers will put the most attention, care and quality into every step of your mattress buying experience to insure that you walk away with your every need met.
So, if you’re local to San Diego, looking for a natural latex mattresses that’s perfect for you, look no further than Mattress Makers! But if you do, we can help with that, too. We don’t skimp on quality or customer care, all to insure you’re taken care of and can enjoy your mattress shopping experience instead of dreading it. If frequent walks through Balboa Park are your thing, might as well be well-rested for them. Stop by Mattress Makers and we’ll see how we can serve you!
Experts say that hybrid mattresses are excellent, that you should at least consider buying a hybrid mattress, but, understandably, you’re going to have some questions. “What is a hybrid mattress?”, “How does a hybrid mattress differ from an innerspring mattress?”, and “what is the best and the most comfortable hybrid mattress?”.
These are just the most common questions concerning hybrid mattresses, but in order to explain just what they’re about, we have to start from the beginning. Let’s see their benefits, if they really are better than their competitors, and just what the finest latex hybrid mattresses in San Diego should be like.
What are the benefits of a hybrid mattress?
The benefits of going for a latex hybrid mattress are numerous, the most important of which is an overall great improvement in sleep quality. With a hybrid mattress, you are far less likely to pay a visit to the Stanford Sleep Medicine Center in California for help. However, although the advantages are numerous, we are going to focus on the three main ones.
- Excellent support – Hybrid mattresses incorporate the best of both worlds. They utilize the latest pocket-coil technology and combine it with a natural latex top. This provides unparalleled support across all the body’s pressure points.
- Pristine responsiveness – Memory foam is not the most responsive of materials. Latex, on the other hand, especially coupled with pocketed coils, provides lightning-quick response to your body’s position, which results in proper support.
- No off-gassing – Due to the combination of pocketed coils and natural latex, hybrid mattresses dissipate the smell quickly and thoroughly, leaving you worry-free and nose-happy.
Are hybrid mattresses good for your back?
As mentioned above, hybrid mattresses provide amazing support and offer second-to-none responsiveness, the two main benefits a mattress should possess in order to be adequate for people suffering from back pain.
However, although hybrid mattresses are certainly the best choice when it comes to alleviating back pain, there is one additional consideration to be made, depending on your preferred sleeping position. It’s about the firmness of the mattress.
- Back sleepers – If you like sleeping on your back, than a soft hybrid mattress simply won’t do. You need to go for a medium-firm or firm mattress hybrid in order to receive adequate support.
- Side sleepers – If sleeping on the side is your thing, you need a softer hybrid alternative, which is just accommodating enough to cushion your shoulder and your hip, so as to keep the spine properly aligned.
- Stomach sleepers – Much like back sleepers, stomach sleepers should go for a firmer hybrid mattress to get the support they need. You don’t want to sink into the mattress too deeply and risk improper position of your spine.
Are hybrid mattresses better?
Are latex hybrid mattresses better than what? Memory foam, innerspring, gel, water beds, pillow tops… Latex hybrid mattresses are excellent mattresses, we’ve seen as much, but let’s see how they fare against other popular alternatives.
Are hybrid mattresses better than memory foam mattresses?
Well, it might depend on what exactly you need from a mattress. Some say that memory foam offers sleeping comfort which cannot be topped by any other mattress type, but we beg to differ.
With memory foam, you simply sink into the slow-responding mattress, while a hybrid gives you proper support, great motion separation, doesn’t off-gas, reduces sinking, allows you to sleep cool, and to choose a variety of firmness options. You see what we mean?
Are hybrid mattresses better than innerspring mattresses?
We don’t want to sound rude, but traditional innerspring mattresses are showing more and more signs of age. That is why the latex hybrid mattress was created in the first place – to keep the upsides of coils, while eliminating all the downsides.
If you want, you can look at hybrid mattresses as a vast improvement of innerspring mattresses of the old. You get the most recent in coil tech combined with a natural latex top to combine the two sleeping worlds that have been apart for too long. The only reason to choose a regular spring mattress today is nostalgia. Everything else is team hybrid.
Where can I find the best latex hybrid mattress in San Diego?
If you’ve decided to buy a hybrid mattress, and rightly so, if we can voice our opinion, you really do need to know what the best place to buy top-quality latex hybrid mattresses in San Diego is. In our opinion, no other mattress shop can rival Mattress Makers.
They have the finest mattresses around, their prices are suited for everyone’s pocket, and their staff is extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Make your mattress-shopping experience fun with Mattress Makers. So, if you want to be well-rested for your trips to La Jolla Cove, stop by our store and check out the stock.
Have you ever wondered what it means for a mattress to be natural?
There are all kinds of terms used these days when it comes to the so called, “natural” mattress. You may have come across terms like bio-foam, green-tea infused foam, natural memory foam, copper infused foam, graphite foam, or the one that companies love to flaunt… bamboo.
So what do all of these mean and what’s the actual definition of a, “natural” mattress? We explain it in the video below.
A natural latex mattress is the ultimate choice if you are thinking of making a strategic investment in the quality of your sleep. Maybe it’s not perfect for everyone, but it’s certainly the best nature’s given us to sleep on. Are we coming across confident? We have reason to be. It’s because natural latex mattresses are…
More than a third of people sleeping on natural latex mattresses report a noticeable reduction in pain. Latex soothes painful points because it exerts low pressure. This reduces the pain you are experiencing, but also mitigates future bone and muscular problems. Natural latex mattresses provide suitable support without excessive pressure, allowing your spine to align properly.
This is one of its top advantages. It’s really a naturesend and one of the few materials out there with the fewest chemicals possible, none of which are toxic. Virtually all other types of mattresses release certain chemicals as they get older, which increases pollution levels in your bedroom. Organic latex mattresses are the best of the best, because only organic fertilizers are used for the latex-producing trees and no herbicides nor pesticides are allowed. This eliminates any potentially harmful substances from coming into contact with you in your sleep.
Natural latex is inhospitable to dust mites, mildew and mold, which can all be very problematic for everyone, not just people with asthma and allergies.
Natural latex mattresses excel at motion isolation. This is crucial for couples. It means that movements on one side of the bed, such as turning around and getting up, reflect minimally on the other side. If your partner is a light sleeper who tosses around frequently, you can rest assured you won’t feel it.
Different layers can be applied in order to get a certain feel tailored specifically to your preferences. If you and your partner cannot agree on the level of desirable firmness, you can even have a mattress with one super-firm side and the other plush. If you get a mattress with no glued parts, you can even replace upper layers to refresh it and prolong its life.
If you’re tired of having a saggy mattress after having your mattress only a few years then you want to look into a Natural latex mattress. You can depend on a latex mattress to last about 2-3 times longer than the traditional one sided or memory foam or poly-foam mattress. If you put the cost of purchasing a natural latex mattress in long term perspective, it’s an obvious pay off. It’s a high-end product that will eliminate the need for frequent changing, will provide you a natural and supportive surface for all that time.
This is important for everyone, regardless of your sensitivity to smells. All-natural latex releases virtually no smells or gases. This is because very few chemicals are used in the production process. If you happen to smell something, most consumers say it’s a very faint and inoffensive smell.
Natural latex mattresses are growing in popularity because of their eco-friendly properties. Latex is harvested from trees without hampering their growth and well-being. They continue to process the air, and produce oxygen, which reduces air and water pollution. Latex trees live for 30 years at times, and in the cases of organic growing, no pesticides are used, preserving the soil as well. On a broader scale, this ensures biodiversity is conserved.
If you’re reading pocket coil mattress reviews, chances are you’d like to buy a pocket coil mattress with a latex top, and that you’re already familiar with all the differences between spring mattresses and coil mattresses. But, let’s see what the biggest benefits of pocketed coils actually are.
The support is individualized
Perhaps the biggest advantage, the one all the other benefits of pocketed coils stem from, lies in the design and construction methods of these mattresses. You see, pocketed coils operate independently from one another, thus enabling each coil to flex completely separately from the others.
This, in turn, provides individualized support from each of the pocketed coils, making sleeping on the same bed with a partner a breeze. Pocketed coils minimize, or altogether eliminate, many sleeping disturbances, and prevent the so-called “rolling effect”, where you can roll of the bed or toward your partner in the middle of the night. And all of this because each coil functions independently!
Pocket coil mattress reviews state that coil tension plays a significant role
Each pocket coil functioning as a separate organism within a larger structure, but that’s not the only aspect of pocketed coil mattresses that allow for unprecedented sleeping comfort. The other aspect of the design is the tension of each individual coil.
You see, not every coil in a mattress is the same, not by a longshot. Typically, the coils are separated into three categories – firm, medium, and soft. Based on these categories, pocketed coils come together in groups, and these groups form the base of the mattress.
And, we haven’t yet come to the best part of different coil tension that many pocket coil mattress reviews applaud. By selecting the coil tension, you can basically “design” a mattress that perfectly fits your needs. For example, if you’re experiencing back problems, just opt for firmer coils in that area, and watch your problems disappear.
Pocketed-coil mattress reviews say they’re cool
And in both ways too! But, the coolness we’re going to discuss has nothing to do with wearing leather jackets and motorcycle boots. Due to the way these mattresses are designed, the air flows more freely between the coils, allowing your mattress to breathe properly, and provide a cooler sleeping surface during those sweltering summer months. And, depending on your choice of topping, the air circulation can be further facilitated with, say, a latex mattress top.
Unparalleled durability for peaceful dreams
Now, we’re personally hoping that with you knowing your mattress will last far longer, you’ll get better sleep. To get serious, pocketed coil mattresses are a lot more durable than regular mattresses. And it’s not just us, all pocketed coil mattress reviews say the same!
This is due to them not being one uniformed surface, but rather many independent bits and pieces operating together as a whole to provide the best sleeping experience. This means no more lumps, no more hollow bits for you to sink into, and no more thinking about if you’ll have to find an adequate sleeping spot in between the two. If this doesn’t make your dreams more magnificent, nothing will.
Pocketed coil mattresses are not all function, but a bit of luxury too
Speaking of dreams, you can choose just how luxurious you want your pocketed coil mattress to be, shaping it into your own little piece of perfection. Pocket coil mattress reviews don’t mention this possibility all that much, but they should. The options are many, and you can surely find the combination that makes the mattress you’ve always wanted.
Have you always imagined flamboyant padding and plush cushioning? You’ve got it! Elegant and sleek fabric on top to cover it all? Absolutely no problem! Pocketed coil mattresses come in all the shapes, sizes, and finishes you could ever want, so it’s really no bother choosing a style you’ve always sighed for.
“I’ve read all the pocketed coil mattress reviews, and I want one!” Great, we’ve got some!
Mattress Makers is the finest manufacturer of mattresses in the San Diego area, nay, all of California, nay, the world! Immodest? Perhaps, but once you come to our store and lie down on one, you’ll see we’re being utterly sincere. We’ve been making mattresses for many years. To us, it’s a family tradition, one we are happy to continue. Our only goal is to give people a chance to sleep soundly, and our mattresses do just that. So, if you really do want the best pocketed coil mattress, stop by our store, and we’ll help you find one!